View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
For some of the songs I didn't mind the drum pads but for the real rockers I thought it removed some of the energy.

Was Tusk the recent arrangement that starts off without the drums? Did any of the older songs have any interesting new arrangements or were they all the same as they have been for the last few tours?

A question for someone who was there: Was Lindsey properly relaxed? When he's being filmed he often seems to hold back a bit more than when he's just at a normal gig. The clips seem fairly loose but I'm just wondering about the rest of the show.
Tusk had the drum intro. After the song someone yelled, "You're killing us, Lindsey" and Lindsey said, "You're killing me too."

Go Insane was arranged differently with a slower tempo. Maybe it was the fact that it was not what I expected that threw me off, but I didn't like it as much. But that will probably change with familiarity. Lindsey seemed to be using a deeper voice for Go Insane too. I don't know if that means it's a different "key" or not. I can't tell those things.

Lindsey was ULTRA relaxed. Just natural. This was not like the Soundstage taping at all. I know what you mean, he wasn't himself for The Dance or LIB, but he was perfectly at ease last night and normal. I mean, we know Lindsey very well and he's kind of a ham (not that there's anything wrong with that) but he wasn't even doing that. He milked ISA like he always does, but it wasn't overkill in the slightest. He was being so regular and it felt genuine.

Glad there was no Holiday Road.

Michele