Thread: Little Lies
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What are you guys smoking? Christine herself on the 20th anniversary Rumours show told everyone that Oh Daddy was about Mick. Like most other songs of course there are other meanings behind verses or words. But according to the song writer, Mick was the inspiration. Maybe he was just the inspiration for the title. However you cant discount what the song writer says.
Its like the song Sara. Stevie says its about Mick. No, not really. We know what the inspiration really was for Sara. But the great dark wing part was about Mick. Edge of 17 has 3 inspirations merged together.....the death of John Lennon, the death of Stevie's grandfather, and that bird in Arizona.
Of course Oh Daddy has a romantic feel that probably is not about Mick but I must trust Chris because I don't think she would say something that is not true.
Homer's right: she was just supporting his delusion, I think. Also, I tend to be weary of the "new" interpretations the band members offer for their very old songs. I remember Stevie saying, "Landslide is about Hurricane Katrina--I realize that now."