View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Yeah, yeah…Look, I couldn’t care less about a groupie from before I was alive who said she didn’t feel like a victim and wouldn’t describe Page as a pedophile. It doesn’t mean it wasn’t absolutely wrong, but I just want to keep discussions to music and the music business. News flash: rockers were a-holes who lived like they were above the law from the gitgo, but especially during the ‘70s.

there's a big difference between saying "I choose not to care about that" which is your right, to saying "It wasn't a big deal" because, basically, "rock stars were a-holes" so that made it ok, and the idea that comments from someone who was taken advantage of if not outright victimized but didn't realize it at the time because she was just a teenager and because it was normalized by the very deviants who were exploiting her justifies anything is nonsense. As an adult woman looking back she did realize it was wrong and said so.

From a male perspective I get that it is more easily dismissible but as a woman who was around during that time period I can tell you the whole system was set up to ignore the exploitation of those young girls.

I get that you don't care, and I agree that this forum should stay focused on FM and their music, but intentional or not your "I don't care" answer smacks of dismissiveness and male privilege and can't go uncommented upon.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 11-08-2018 at 08:20 PM..