View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Physical resemblance is one of the last things on my list when it comes to casting choices for films like this. I don't get why that's so important to people. Obviously I don't want it to look pantomime-ish in its inaccuracy, but face it, the actors are never going to look exactly like the real people they are portraying because they are not the real people. It's a movie. It's its own little world. Ability to convey a personality and carry a narrative are what matters in a movie. Unless you're going to bring photos of Stevie into the theatre and constantly compare them to her film counterpart while watching, in which case you're not really watching the film anyway.

Jennifer Lawrence would rock it as Stevie.

I always saw Cate Blanchett as being an awesome Christine, but she's in her mid-40s now. I still think she could pull it off but I don't imagine it'd really fly with people. I think Sarah Solemani is quite Christine-ish in the roles she plays. And she's in pretty much everything on TV these days anyway, so she might as well ride the wave.

I agree with Bradley Cooper as Lindsey, but then, the age thing again. The trouble is it's hard to think of established, serious actors who would be the right age to play Lindsey at that time.

Mick I think would have to be played by someone unknown and out of left field.