View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
After thinking about it, I agree, GYOW should be dropped. I've listened to some Neil Finn songs that people have recommended and it's really hard to imagine him singing that song. Plus it's a Lindsey song and the mess surrounding his departure hits too close to home.

Like you, I really think Stevie wants to change up the set list like she did on 24 Karat Gold, and Mick seemed to be in agreement. Also, Christine pulled out some deep cuts for the Buck Vie tour, so she might be willing to do the same here. Wish You Were Here will probably be added, and I'm curious to see if Hold Me Will be, also.

I might be in the minority, but I really don't want to hear a lot of pre-Rumours songs from Christine. I'd much rather hear Isn't It Midnight, As Long As You Follow, Brown Eyes, Save Me, Think About Me, Warm Ways, and Wish You Were Here, along with her hits, of course.

Question: does Mike Campbell actually sing? I've read posts saying he would be perfect for Peter Green material, but I didn't know if that was just his guitar playing or if they meant vocally, too.

I hate Don't Stop- I'm just tired of it. But Neil singing on it will inject new life into it and there's no way FM won't play it, especially if they do intend to drop all the LB songs.

Stevie said she wants to sing deep cuts, and I would love that. Her deep cuts are I Don't Want to Know, Crystal, Straight Back, That's Alright, Welcome to the Room Sara, When I See You Again, Angel, Beautiful Child, and Storms. I really can't see her singing the Tango deep cuts, and Storms and Beautiful Child tend to cancel each other out so she'll only do one or the other, not both. Freedom is a deep cut from Behind the Mask and she wrote it with Mike Campbell, so that is a small possibility. Mick had mentioned maybe including a Buckingham Nicks song, and Crying in the Night would be the obvious choice since she did it solo last year. But why do a BN song now if LB is gone? It would just be another reminder of Lindsey.

I really don't want any Stevie solo songs, but I could handle Stand Back. It would be a good replacement, energy wise, for GYOW. But that better be it.
I can't wait to hear what songs Neil is going to sing!
I'll be sorta surprised if they drop GYOW from the set, even though I agree with you that they should. They did a BN song during the '87 tour without Lindsey (and it was one of Lindsey's songs!).

I honestly would love any deep cuts from Chris (even from Time, lol). Her stuff is so underrated and underplayed. As Long As You Follow would be great, I hear it in restaurants all the time.

I sorta wonder if there'll be a new Best Of with a couple new songs prior to the tour, to establish the lineup.