Thread: Is this fair?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
https://startsat60.com/entertainment...tralia-forever

As I remember it it wasn't so much "working with Bob Dylan" as forcing herself upon Tom Petty and Bob Dylan on that tour and inviting herself along, then finally they let her sing a few choruses on stage with them. She "Nathan'd" them, really, is all. If I may be so bold as to go there.
Obsessive fan girl, not a colleague. IMHO.

Oh man those Traveling Wilburys days though!!!! They were the best!!!! Sad that we lost so many of them

Anyone who has ever watched Border Security knows how tough our government can be when it comes to visas and visitors in the country – something Nicks had to learn the hard way.

According to reports in The Daily Telegraph, the 69-year-old was nearly deported when visiting the land Down Under back in 1986.

She had entered the country on a tourist visa to hang out with Tom Petty and Bob Dylan while they were on tour.

At one of their gigs in Sydney, she had one of the best views in the house and watched on from the side of the stage.

To her shock, she was pulled in front of the crowd and ended up singing ‘Like a Rolling Stone’ and ‘Knocking On Heaven’s Door’.

It all sounds innocent enough, right?

Wrong.

After the Fleetwood Mac made another appearance on stage the following night, government officials believed she was in breach of her holiday visa – given that she was technically working.

While fans couldn’t get enough of Nicks on stage, government officials weren’t so happy.

“Tom’s wife couldn’t make the trip so I said I would go and keep those guys in line,” she explained to The Daily Telegraph.

“I got to have fun just being a fan and had one of the most amazing months of my life.

“I got to sing with them two nights and then I was told by the Australian government I would never be allowed back in the country, not with Fleetwood Mac, not by myself as a solo artist, not as a tourist if I did that again.”
He liked her enough to work with her again on the Street Angels sessions. Bob Dylan isn't going to do anything he doesn't want to do including letting someone join him on stage.