View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood is so messed up in the head (we've all known for years) that I have to admit it IS fun to knock him over and over. In the Seventies, when he headed Seedy, he had integrity, if not personally then at least for Fleetwood Mac. He rightfully slammed Frampton for allowing himself to be marketed with gimmicky saturation campaigns (tchotchkes and other giveaways packed inside albums), and prevented Fleetwood Mac from being packaged and sold in like manner. But the integrity in Mick completely withered up within, say, five years of that. It was actually fun in those days being a fan of a superstar band that was so hip because of its music and its self-management. I remember how cool I thought it was that a band whose music was not a sellout also didn't crassly market itself like a Teen Beat idol. It was a rock band in those days, first and last. Probably without much in the way of obstruction from the others, Mick took it down over the years with his wines and eateries and his stupid lineups and all his other crap, so it's fun raking him over the hot coals. It's self-sustaining.

moviekinks.blogspot.com