View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That is why I used the Tusk is everyone’s favorite album example. He asks questions and they answer in a certain way designed to mollify him, but they don’t necessarily mean what he concludes they mean. Tusk is probably no one’s favorite album, not even Mick’s, even though Mick liked working on it. Those 4 pick the most commercial as their favorite, but Lindsey will say that they all came round to admitting Tusk was their favorite.

I would have to see the email chain to make a decision about what Christine said about Stevie’s regret. If she really regretted it, I think she would have responded differently to his surgery. Chris might have said something in response to him that he took to mean that Stevie was sorry.
well to be fair, he did say that perhaps Christine did say it the way she did because she thought that would make him feel better (i.e. Christine's thinking that Stevie might "deep in her heart" maybe want him "to come home").

so there's not much to think through here - he says that according to Christine Stevie said nothing and that Christine possibly made it up to make him feel better.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"