View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 01:23 AM

Ted Nugent Defends Lion-Killing Dentist
By Dave Lifton July 29, 2015 10:59 PM

Over the past few days, the world has seen much outrage expressed over the death of Cecil, a beloved lion that had been living on the Hwange Game Reserve in Zimbabwe. However, the man responsible for Cecil’s death, a dentist from Minnesota named Walter Palmer, has received support from noted hunter Ted Nugent.

The whole story is a lie,” Nugent wrote on his Facebook page in response to a question about the issue. “It was a wild lion from a ‘park’ where hunting is legal & ESSENTIAL beyond the park borders. All animals reproduce every year & would run out of room/food to live w/o hunting. I will write a full piece on this joke asap. God are people stupid

According to CBS News, Cecil, who was considered a national treasure and tourist attraction in Zimbabwe, had been researched by the Wildlife Unit of Oxford University for more than 10 years and fitted with a GPS device so that his movements could be tracked. It is believed that Cecil was lured outside the grounds of the park, shot with an arrow and, after 40 hours of stalking, shot by an arrow.

Palmer, who reportedly paid $55,000, has expressed sorrow for his actions, issuing a statement that he “had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt. I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt. I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion.

Read More: Ted Nugent Defends Lion-Killing Dentist | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ted-n...ckback=tsmclip