View Single Post
Old 04-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy 9-1-1....

I was at work, and my boss came in and said, a plane just hit the World Trade Center, then a few minutes later, she said the Pentagon was hit, my hands started shaking, I was nervous in my stomach, scared. At our 10AM break, one of my co-workers went to her home to get a small TV so we would know what was going on. When I walked into the breakroom and saw the plane hit the tower and it falling and people jumping, I burst into tears. We had a moment of silence/prayer at break. I was more nervous and scared because we thought maybe all of America was under attack, my dad works at Lockheed and I was terrified for him, thinking they may be going for that, I didn't know! I called him, but it was hard to get through, I finally got him and asked if he was going home, he said no, but I was so scared, then, my idiot human resource lady came to console me and said, it's one of the safest places for him to be, I thought, "Yeah, well, honey, so's the damn Pentagon." She's an idiot. Anyways, our boss let us listen to the radio all day, so we could hear updates. I have friends and family in New York and I prayed for them all day. When I got home, I tried calling my friends, stupid me, and I emailed them saying PLEASE ANSWER ME!!! They did, and I was so happy. What a horrible day,
9-1-1..forever in our memories....GOD BLESS AMERICA!