View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Must disagree with your timeline. Stevie and Lindsey were already joining the band when Bob left and Mick and FM begged him to stay too.
They hadn't been formally asked to join until Bob actually quit, and the one constant that is mentioned by pretty much everyone (i.e. Rolling Stone interviews from 1975, autobiographies, countless interviews) is that it was New Years Eve, 1974. Now, maybe he was technically still contractually a member of the band when Stevie and Lindsey joined, but that's minutia. Lindsey got the call at that moment because Bob had quit the band.

And, yes, I'm sure Bob knew Mick wanted to hire Lindsey, and I'm sure there was a period after Bob served notice that he was still being asked to stay in the band.

Quote:
and they also don't know when Bob really joined the band prior to the summer of 71 as stated.
Okay, Spring of 1971. Fleetwood Mac were on the road until sometime in late March/early April, 1971 with Peter Green helping them out, and the first show with Bob (per Mick's book) was June 4, 1971. So, Bob joined I'm guessing sometime in April or May, leaning more towards April to give them time to learn new material.

But, you have the contracts. What dates do you have that are different from everyone else?

THE Stephen Hopkins