View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I'm not bitching about sitting in even a DECENT seat for $20 or even $50, I just want it to be reasonably priced, like a lot of other GOOD bands offer. I don't begrudge anyone seeing FM on tour this time around. I'm sure they put on an excellent show. If you want to pay that much for tickets and can afford it, more power to you.
The point is if you want to see them and are short of cash, you can and any argument to the contrary (which is not your argument above) is bogus. You are complaining that you can't sit in a decent (subjective) seat for a decent (subjective) price. I suggest that the subjective nature of that test can never satisfy everyone. But, i agree with you in that I wish seats were less expensive overall and at all levels.

On edit - I have to wonder if anyone here would actually volunteer to work for less than they thought they were worth. How many people have actually gone to their bosses and said "You know - this company makes a product that benefits the world - so lower my salary by half." I suggest none or very few think that way. So, IMO it is ridiculous to fault FM for asking what the market says the price should be Thus, I go back to my argument that most people are moaning and groaning because they want to sit in a better seat for less, not because they actually were priced out of going, though some may have been as $20 or so is a lot of $$$ these days for many.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-13-2009 at 01:12 PM..