View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This annoys me, too. It is such a glaring omission.
They gave up their fame in England to make it in America. Bob was so instrumental in making the band a success. He changed the band and they had success in the USA while their success diminished in England. Bob transformed the band with more harmonies and gave them a very mystical vibe. He also put in the groundwork for Lindsey and Stevie to join the band. If there was never a Bob Welch in Fleetwood Mac, there would never have been a Stevie and Lindsey. It's probably the most pivotal era of the band IMHO.

Back to the interview:
Good gosh, thank goodness Christine did not fall for Peter Green instead of John. She could have ended up as crazy as him. She mentions she had eyes for Peter.
Christine is so stable and secure to welcome another female into the band. Very rare.
I love the stories about her mother as a healer and medium. The story of her telling Chris that someday she would find something life changing in an Orange Grove is so fascinating to me. To think Stevie and Lindsey lived on Orange Grove. You cant make any of this stuff up.
Christine is so freaking cool. I love her to death.

About the drugs and staying up writing Songbird. Cool stuff. Don Henley answered this question perfectly. The Eagles definitely indulged in the 70s like the other bands but they all stopped rather quickly because they saw how it was becoming more about the party than the music (except Joe Walsh of course). Don was asked once, did the drugs make the creativity explode with all those great songs. Don responded the best way possible. He said after huge success of Hotel California the band actually believed drugs helped them write great songs. But that suddenly changed because then they saw drugs getting in the way. The drugs just helped them stay up and work longer. It was a false illusion that drugs helped them write good songs. But because they would be up all night working so hard it assisted in the writing songs. But its a very short window before the drugs have the opposite effect and stifles creativity. I see this really with Stevie's solo work. The crazier she got the worse her solo albums became. RAL is a disaster IMHO.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-22-2017 at 06:01 AM..