View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I'm finally listening to the album right now. Just listened to The Challenge again and it's even worse than the first time I heard it. I don't even hear Todd or George. It's like they've been completely erased from the song. Just terrible.

EDIT 1: Ask Anybody might be even worse. It's just so devoid of spirit. It's like whoever made the decision to put this out was worried that some of the songs would sound too "dated" and felt it needed a "modern" sound. Mick's drumming is so key to what makes that song so great. Thank goodness they didn't choose to officially release Too Much Is Not Enough because I'm sure it would have been "modernized" too.

EDIT 2: All You Gotta Do is the one saving grace from this compilation. I didn't realize it was going to be a duet with George and when I heard his vocals, it hit me. This was a very nice surprise.

EDIT 3: WTF is up with this orchestral version of Songbird? Holy hell! The orchestra sounds like it's playing a completely different song. This is one of the worst releases from Fleetwood Mac or any of its members I've ever heard. I think it might be THE worst.
Yeah, the orchestra part is the oddest part of the album IMHO. It should be the highlight of the album called Songbird. I thought maybe it would warm up to me but no. The original is perfection but I am open to an orchestra that plays music that compliments the singing.