View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's good that Chris has a life, sailing, gardening, friends.

I really don't think that Stevie is still a good stage performer, if you're not in love with her. I always remember her past energy. Maybe it was fueled by cocaine, but I think it was just youth and exuberance. It was natural, like she couldn't contain herself. I remember video where she would jump and she wouldn't even have to bend her knees. It was almost as if she just levitated off the ground for a few seconds in platform heels. It was so effortless.

Now, it's not effortless and instead of changing her performance, like she changes the key to adapt to her current capabilities, she tries to give a nod to the old spins, kicks and physical stunts and they usually strike me as silly, rather than sensational, as in days of yore. More attempt than achievement.

But I still like the songs, so the concerts would still be worth it for those, if I hadn't written her off.

What I love about this quote from Christine is that it is such a passive-aggressive swipe at Stevie...disguised as a compliment about her strength but really a dig at how limited her life is. She's all over the map on where she stands on Stevie, Lindsey, and everything. She has no bones to pick with Lindsey, but she'll agree to fire him. Stevie is a great brand holding the fort down, but she's a spoiled star living not in the real world.