View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Remember that radio interview she gave just after Street Angel in 1994? She was on a plane sitting near the producer Don Was, moping about the fact that music by the old farts wasn't selling well, so what was the point of recording again or even bothering to write any more songs?

This obsessive anxiety with record sales and customer response has haunted her for decades. On the other hand, then she says that making In Your Dreams was the most fun she's ever had in the studio. So what to believe? Everything she says? One year she's down on studios, the next year she's having a ball. There's no predicting her.

The Dance combines live playing of old songs and new songs. If they tour, they could always tour in a more controlled environment and play a bunch of new stuff, which you can sell online or in the trendy coffee houses. There's a billion ways to do things in music these days; you don't need to stick to the old paradigm. The five people in Fleetwood Mac have no idea how to be logistically innovative. They need a manager or an assistant in their camp to float the ideas.

I hope they don't all do that. Talk about your collective band "legacy" going down in flames. That's the 1990s all over again.

I get what you're saying but I think she looks at her solo projects differently from FM because with her solo stuff she's in charge and can have everything how she wants (unless she's on klonopin and hates what she's doing lol), FM requires more struggle and so because of that she's less motivated to do it. And the fact that she had such a ball making IYD is I think part of the problem, now that she got that taste of such fun album making ("the best year of her life"), she doesn't want to compromise anymore to do something that won't give her that same joy.

But in essence I agree with you.

Also omg @ you replying to me when I used to lurk on here I was always like in awe of you because you know everything.