View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I agree with you, but I can't understand those that are outright criticising him for presenting a swayed version of events.
I think the reason people get so upset with Moore, Limbaugh, Franken, Beck and the ilk is the less the amount of opinion expressed but rather the amount of opinion expressed as fact, pure and simple. All of them (particularly Franken and Limbaugh) are so addicted to being right they can't imagine something they espouse being wrong. Bowling for Columbine was at times hilarious, at times enlightening, at times vicious and at times outright lies. The same can be said for just about any 10-minute segment of any conservative radio program. Left and right are blinded by outright hate for what they see as "the opposition," and no matter what the "other side" does, it's wrong. In the end, people like this end up looking ridiculous to any fair-minded, thinking individual.

The problem is these people KNOW what they're doing... their respective audiences more often than not don't do what THEY're supposed to do, which is do the math, the research, the investigating, and make up their own mind. And contrary to popular belief, the left has just as many if not more mindless zombies than the right.

This is all coming from a person (me) who in his life has voted for presidential candidates in three different parties, has read every book by Al Franken AND Bernard Goldberg, is currently reading Clinton's tome, is socially conservative and financially liberal, and may or may not be somewhat, oddly attracted to Condi Rice.

~JamieSPC

Last edited by JamieSPC; 06-24-2004 at 12:32 PM..