View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 04:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and again, I ask, what is your point exactly?

You have a different opinion to others on here. That's great. You've expressed that opinion. That's great.

What is your point of continuing on? Are you demanding that everyone suddenly change their perspective and agree you are entirely correct and thank you for setting everyone straight?

Both points of view are here and well-documented. Some people may choose to change their minds; others may not.

Circling around the same discussion points over and over and over proves nothing and may not change people's opinions one iota. That's life. And I say this to folks on every side of this issue. Until someone involved makes a definitive statement we won't know; and honestly, even if one of the band did say something people who support a different band member will find reasons to not believe what they say anyway.

You have your opinion, and you've laid out your reasons. Others, including me, have given our opinions and reasons. I enjoy hearing well-reasoned opinions from everyone. But frankly, at the end of the day, it honestly doesn't matter to me one way or another what anyone wants to believe.
Because I think the question I asked (and have refined) is worth answering. Useful information has come out, e.g. SteveMacD posted very useful information about the 'evidence' posted by MacFan4Life. That seemingly incorrect 'evidence' has been posted shows that things are not done and dusted. One reason for asking a question is to see what is used to support arguments on both sides.

I'm prepared to change my views should good arguments be posted. E.g. at present there is more doubt than I previously thought about whether the deal-breaker was due to Lindsey asking for a delay, or other factors.

I care very little about what others believe. But, I care about what they base those beliefs on. Because, if after investigation they do have strong verifiable evidence, then that could make me change my mind.

Note that I came into this thread with a question, not a statement. I did post initially what I thought the answer is, but it's a clear invitation to 'prove me wrong'. I've seen quite a few posts, and I think the evidence against my belief is weak and the evidence for my belief is strong. So, I don't believe that the reasons for both beliefs are well documented. There is an awful lot of straw down at the bottom.

I'm not demanding that people do anything. But, I would like to see if people can back up their claims, particularly the extreme claims. People don't have to back up their claims. It's a free world. But, if people make claims and don't back them up, then that's a bit of a giveaway by omission.

Last edited by Ench; 08-31-2018 at 04:27 PM..