View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mmh, this is kind of difficult, but I'm gonna give it a try (in no particular order)

Tusk, obviously. Not the first Mac album I had, but my favorite for sure. It really had, and still has, a great impact on me. If, one day, I should record an album, it would sound like this. Thank you Mr. Buckingham, that's all I can say. I could select my favorite songs, but apart from Never Make Me Cry, and That's enough for me, I love them all.

Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, by the Beatles, obviously, one more time. It's kind of easy, because it's considered as one of the best albums of all time, and it really is. I absolutely love this album, because of his eccentrism. It was ambitious, back in that time, and today, it still is. Favorite songs, probably, mmh, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, She's leaving Home, Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite, and A Day in the Life.

Parallel Lines by Blondie. I've always been a Blondie fan, and it was tie between Plastic Letters and this one, but I finally choose Parallel Lines because I listen to it right now. This is an energetic album, with great pop-rock songs, and I LOVE pop rock songs. What's more, when you listen to it one time, you can't get enough of it. My favorite songs are 11:59, Picture This, Sunday Girl, Heart of Glass, One way or Another, and Will Anything Happen?.

Curtains, by John Frusciante. It's a shame that John Frusciante is just known because of the fact that he's Red Hot CHili Peppers' guitarist (well, not anymore). He's also an AMAZING solo artist, and this album is really an intimate one (I could have chosen another album, they're all great). Favorite songs : The Past Recedes, A Name, Your Warning, Leap Your Bar, Time Tonight...

Led Zeppelin IV, by...well, Led Zeppelin. Nothing to say, just my favorite Rock (you know, pure rock) album of all time (with Led Zeppelin I..). Come on, STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN !. Favorite songs : Going to California, Stairway to Heaven, Rock n' Roll, When the Levee Breaks.

Tea for the Tillerman, by Cat Stevens. First word that comes to my mind when I think of it : BEAUTIFUL. That's all. Favorite songs : Wild World, Sad Lisa, Into White, Father and son.

The Velvet Underground and Nico, by The Velvet Underground...and Nico. Lou Reed is a genius. So, this album is genius too, all the songs being composed by Lou Reed. Favorite ones : Sunday Morning, Venus in Furs and Heroin.

Blood Sugar Sex Magik by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I don't listen to it anymore, but it was the first band and the first album I fell in love with. Favorite songs : Under The Bridge, I Could Have Lied, Give it Away, Blood Sugar Sex Magik...(okay I'm going to listen to this!)

Automatic Writing by Ataxia. John Frusciante + Josh Klinghoffer + Joe Lally = Great combination. It's surrealistic, but I love it. Favorite songs : The Sides, Dust and Montreal (there are 5 songs, actually).

Bella Donna. It was tie between this album and Gift of Screws haha. But Stevie is Stevie. So, I'm going for Bella Donna, which is a great album, it contains a lot of my favorite Stevie songs : Bella Donna, How Still My Love, Outside the Rain, Edge of Seventeen and Kind of Woman.