View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this thread! I am someone who bases the music I like completely around albums in their entirety.

Jewel Pieces Of You-This was the first cd I bought that I listened to in it's entirety every day for about 5 months straight, and I still listen to at least one song from it every day now. If you don't cry at least once while listening to it, there is something wrong with you. From classics such as "Who Will Save Your Soul" to deeper tracks such as "Adrian", there is a story within each song that is absolutely incredible to hear.

Marilyn Manson Mechanical Animals-After shocking the world with the rambunctious Antichrist Superstar, his fourth album revealed a more sensitive side to Manson. This album has one classic tune after another, which eventually becomes a concept album about losing sensitivity in a mechanical world. The last three songs "Fundamentally Loathsome", "The Last Day On Earth", and "Coma White" are breathtaking.

Mariah Carey The Emancipation of Mimi -Not much to say about this album except it falls perfectly into my taste of music-depressing. She makes a comeback that is exceptional while showing off her voice in songs like "Circles", "Mine Again", and "Stay The Night"

R. Kelly R. Kelly-The reason I love R&B music. This will make you feel as if you are in love with a lamp if you are listening to it at the time . "Religious Love" is a must hear from this album.

The Academy Is Almost Here-This was their first release, and it is filled with melodic songs that are impossible not to love. "Slow Down" and "Checkmarks" make this album worthwhile.

AFI Decemberunderground-Once you get 5 songs in and hear "The Interview", this concept album is addictive.

Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon-Everyone knows why this album is on any top albums list. I just couldn't leave it out of mine.

Fleetwood Mac Say You Will-My first FM album, and remains my favorite. Of course, Christine could have made it much more than what it came out to be.

Brand New The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Of Me-This is definitely a slow burner, in that it took me a year to realize it's genius. They took a new direction by making darker and deeper music that isn't ridden with the teen angst of their previous releases. You must buy this album if you don't have it, especially if you've never heard of it. If anything, listen to "Jesus Christ".

Janet Jackson The Velvet Rope-More R&B gold, the reason I love Janet.

I still have like 30 more I would list, but these are the ones that stand out to me.