View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
My first live Fleetwood Mac experience was August or September 1974...the taping of Don Kirshner's Rock Concert around the time that Heroes Are Hard To Find was released.

My first public Fleetwood Mac concert was a few months later in December 1974 at the Long Beach Arena. Climax Blues Band opened. It was one of the last shows of the tour, if not THE last show...and therefore, Bob Welch's last show as a member of Fleetwood Mac.

Just as a side note, the first TICKETS I ever bought for a Fleetwood Mac concert turned out to be one of the shows that WOULD'VE been the "Bogus Fleetwood Mac" that finished the Mystery To Me tour....a local DJ spread the word that the Fleetwood Mac on the road wasn't the "real" Fleetwood Mac, so I got a refund...had I known what a collector's item it would've been, I would've just eaten the cost of the ticket...but when you're 17 and money-poor, those ideas don't hit home quite so fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Can you tell a little bit about the show... Love to hear it..
Well, they were pretty much similar to the Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up?, Live In Chicago 1974 & Live At Hempstead NY bootlegs, except they played a few more &/or different tunes.

Taking the WTRFMPSU set as the template, they also played:

Coming Home
Nightwatch
Homeward Bound
Jewel Eyed Judy
Station Man
Get Like You Used To Be
Jumping At Shadows (with Christine on vocals)