View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
A lot of people confuse these with the Tusk tour but his hair was much shorter for the Tusk tour and the jackets he's wearing in these pictures are typical for the '78 tour.
Exactamundo, Sanne. Plus, he's playing his Les Paul in most of these shots, so that too is usually a giveaway (as is Christine's setup in those photos where you can see it). There are dozens of shots like this in the Tusk tourbook, & they were all taken on the 1978 tour. I can't think of a single live shot in the Tusk tourbook that was taken on the Tusk tour.

I want to ask everyone whether he or she considers the 1978 tour part of the Rumours tour. There are probably good reasons to do so, but I don't personally. I consider the Rumours tour the dates from February 28 in Berkeley to December 10 in Honolulu -- all 1977. I consider the 1978 tour as standing apart from the Rumours tour (& it goes without saying that it wasn't part of the Tusk tour, either). The band went out on the road again in 1978 just to build a fire under everyone's butt before starting a big studio album. I consider it its own distinct, individual tour -- not supporting any album per se. A parallel might be Stevie's Millennium tour in 1999 & 2000. We don't consider that part of the Enchanted tour, even though it had a lot of the same songs & same musicians.

So how do you feel about the 1978 tour?

moviekinks.blogspot.com