View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
There are no words. I am just heartsick. I've been a Stevie fan for 40 years, but I cannot celebrate a potential FM set list with more of her songs when this amazing band has lost a creative genius. I sincerely wish that there was some way this could have been resolved.
WatchChain, I really am sympathetic to how you're feeling. I was devastated when Lindsey left in 1987, it felt like the rug had been pulled from underneath me! But in practically the same instant, FM announced Billy and Rick were joining, and I had no idea who they were, but I saw FM doing press and I became guardedly optimistic, and grew to love that incarnation of the band. Then SN left, and I was again devastated, and even though I bought Time, I hated it. I gave that incarnation of FM a chance but it didn't work for me. Then all 5 reunited for the Dance and I was thrilled, but then Christine left. Again, I was devastated, but Say You Will was decent and the tour was awesome... even without CM. I guess as long as two of the three singer/songwriters are present, I'm satisfied, no matter the combination.

I understand nothing I just said will mean much to you. You and many others probably feel that this is different because LB was fired, as opposed to leaving by his own volition. I hope you can understand that any curiosity about seeing what Campbell and Finn bring to FM is not meant to be disrespectful to you or any other LB fans. The one bit of good news is now LB will really have the time and energy to focus on his solo work you love so much, plus his solo tour.