View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's not how you're supposed to remember it!!!

As far as Night of 1000 $tevies, I'm not sure how I'd feel about Night of 1000 Davids...

I mean, they're honoring her, but also parodying her. Mocking her, if you will. YES, they're doing it out of admiration, but I can see how pics from it could take off and paint her in a bad light(if it were easier to post pics here, I have a couple doozies of $tevie imitators that I've saved over the years). How would YOU feel about a night of 1000 yous?
So this is your pro-Stevie comment for the year?

The event is a celebration of Stevie Nicks. Yes part is comedy but its all fans celebrating and performing her music. NOTHING to have fear of. Why she could not see this right away is beyond me. A bunch of guys and gals dress up as Stevie Nicks and have a good time while singing and dancing. No fear Homer. No fear.
She embraces it today and jokes that someday she may attend. That was my point. She has evolved over the years like so many other people about drag and gay guys pretending to be her. IMHO none of the event portrays her in a bad light. Its all in good fun and worship of Stevie Nicks. Get on board Homer!

A night of a 1000 Homers is a great idea

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-30-2020 at 05:21 AM..