View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I detest country music with an unhealthy passion, and I badly want a new Mac studio album. I really hope this development turns out not to be true.
I always felt Stevie was perfectly suited to sing country music. The first time I heard some of her demos back in 1981 I was ready for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
We know how long it takes to get an album out from these guys. I bet The Mac will record and Stevie will too, but they won't come out for a year or so.
I tend to agree with this but maybe she feels it is time to do something different. Age has a way of making one feel there is less time to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon View Post
Before everyone gets into a tizzy, let's step back, take a breath, and think this through.
Just because she's recording in Nashville, doesn't mean it is a Country album. Nashville has a diverse music scene.
Agreed. In the 1980's she recorded Whole Lotta Trouble in Memphis. I think One More Big time Rock And Roll Star might have been recorded there also, but my memory isn't too clear on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
At least everyone's reacting calmly to the news... Really though, if we've learned anything over the last couple of years it is that they are almost incapable of releasing new music in a timely manner or properly promoting it. It could, anything is possible after all, but that seems very unlikely given their history.
The Other Side Of The Mirror took me completely by surprise. I have always been on top of news reports about Stevie's career. FM toured in Europe in 1988 and released a greatest hits album for Christmas, 1988.In May, 1989 it was a friend of mine, a casual Stevie fan who first heard Rooms on Fire on the radio and asked me if I had heard the new SN song. I said there was no new SN song. And she said there was. I figured she had just heard some SN song on the radio that was never a single. But she insisted. So I called the radio station and the DJ confirmed it. An hour later he played it for me and I have that memory of being in my first apartment looking out the window on a beautiful Spring evening at the full moon and hearing ROF for the first time.
I was completely in the dark about that album. What a wonderful surprise that was for me. I know most disagree but I love that album.

Also the song Twisted was recorded and released within a 3 week time period so it could appear on the movie soundtrack.So we never know what this group of people are capable of pulling out of a hat.

Last edited by vivfox; 04-27-2014 at 10:03 AM..