View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Also, I just had a feeling this whole time that Stevie wasn't jumping up and down about Chris returning. Now don't take this the wrong way. I don't think it has anything to do with Chris, but EVERYTHING to do with her having to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. Ever since Say You Will, I feel like Stevie see's Fleetwood mac as kind of a chore. Yes, she seems happy, but not as happy when she's on her own. She likes to be her own boss and do things her way. Even on this last FM leg, she seemed distant. Just like Lindsey, I think that she likes to go in, do her 1 year duty with FM, then go back to Stevieland.

I mean, how long has she been rambling about Chris to the press. YEARS AFTER YEARS! It hasn't ended. And now, she's finally back and its like "oh yeah, welcome back Chris."

I think they're all thrilled that she's back, but I bet Stevie and Lindsey are itching to go back to their own camps.
This is exactly how I feel. I was surprised how muted Stevie's response to Christine's return was, and I really feel that it's going to be Stevie's turn, this time, to put an end to things. We had Lindsey doing it in 87, Chris in 97 and I suspect now Stevie.

I was excited that there might be a new Fleetwood Mac album, but now I'm not sure about what will happen. I don't care about Stevie solo work; it doesn't interest me at all. I'm quite sad that Christine's renewed enthusiasm for making music with the band has coincided with Stevie's disengagement.