View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Also, I just had a feeling this whole time that Stevie wasn't jumping up and down about Chris returning. Now don't take this the wrong way. I don't think it has anything to do with Chris, but EVERYTHING to do with her having to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. Ever since Say You Will, I feel like Stevie see's Fleetwood mac as kind of a chore. Yes, she seems happy, but not as happy when she's on her own. She likes to be her own boss and do things her way. Even on this last FM leg, she seemed distant. Just like Lindsey, I think that she likes to go in, do her 1 year duty with FM, then go back to Stevieland.

I mean, how long has she been rambling about Chris to the press. YEARS AFTER YEARS! It hasn't ended. And now, she's finally back and its like "oh yeah, welcome back Chris."

I think they're all thrilled that she's back, but I bet Stevie and Lindsey are itching to go back to their own camps.
I agree with all of this. Also, like someone else here said, just because it's in Nashville doesn't mean it's going to be a country album.
My speculation of how this went down: Stevie realized this FM thing will last the next 2 years. She remembered how quickly Dave gets albums done (he did one of his own when he flew to Nashville for a couple weeks during the time IYD was in process of being done.) She decided to quickly take advantage of that and called Dave, and he obliged.
Fleetwood Mac takes a long time to get albums out. Did they ever admit or say there would be a brand new, full album released before the tour started? I don't believe so. "New music" I know they mentioned briefly, so maybe another EP of sorts I was thinking. ( And even that seems far-reaching.)
As far as Stevie full-blown touring behind this, there won't be time. But I bet she'll do a few shows at smaller venues behind it. In fact, Mick was doing a few shows with his little band here in San Diego in June I believe.

As for myself, I couldn't be happier about this!!

Last edited by jkmaletic; 04-27-2014 at 08:07 AM..