View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buckingham McVie can only happen once, at this moment in time. Discuss.

To me, Buckingham McVie is a one off. We won't see this again. There won't be a second BuckVie album or a second tour. We'll be lucky to see them perform as a duo outside the States/Canada.

I say this because next year the focus will be Fleetwood Mac and before/after that, solo, for at least Lindsey but possibly Stevie too. Christine appears unlikely to release a solo album. I'm sure she would rather release her new songs, and I have no doubt she has unreleased material from the BuckVie sessions, under the Fleetwood Mac moniker.

So much time and energy will go into the farewell tour, hopefully including making new music, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

What would a second BuckVie album be called? Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie II? Doesn't fit. They'd have to name it after a lyric or a song.

I still hold out hope that On With the Show and Carnival Begin have been held back to be played in the Fleetwood Mac Live 2018 set. But I doubt it. I mean, Stevie could sing Julia or Castaway as her "new" song but she won't - she doesn't have the balls, except to release those songs on a new half-assed legacy album of vault songs.

It's a sad state of affairs friends. But I eagerly await Lindsey's solo record in January. I'm not excited about a massive dump of Nicks vault songs however. And I'm annoyed that a greatest hits Fleetwood Mac tour I will no doubt attend if it hits Australia, is likely to prevent BuckVie II.