View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question blue horizon story vol. 2

i guess (and hope) that the "chit chat" forum is the appropriate one for this question that's been naggin' on me for a long, long time, again and again:

i think nearly everybody's experienced that in one way or another. every now and then there's something coming up bearing "volume 1" in the title. you love it and you're waiting . . . you're beggin' for it . . . but there's nothing more to it - no "volume 2" (let alone even more) in sight. as you grow older the years have been flyin' by mercilessly - still no sign of that craved for follow-up.

in 1973 cbs released an album on its cheapo sublabel embassy called "the blue horizon story . . . (you've guessed it) volume 1". end of story.

but history tends to repeat itself from time to time - fast forward to 1997: "the blue horizon story 1965 - 1970, vol.1", the much appreciated 3 cd box set wets my appetite for more. i even remember a small note in mojo magazine about 1 year later, mentioning mike vernon being at work on "volume 2". and now that we're nearly about to sweep 2014 out of the door, the second part of that label's history from 1970 to 1972 (then distributed by polydor in europe and sire in the u.s.) is still missing.

is there anbody out there in the know about the circumstances of this case. okay, i can assume that the powers that be in the record industry probably don't reckon this to be a big time winner. on the other hand: the first blue horizon box set wasn't selling too bad, or else they would not have re-released it (in stripped-down form, though). sadly, i'm not capable of making contact to mr. vernon himself - if he doesn't know, who else will? but maybe some of you know more about it, and i would be more than glad if you could share your knowledge here!

martin