View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=bombaysaffires;1161452]now there's a song that could totally be given a rest. zzzz

I know most will disagree, but I find that song totally overplayed and boring. Yeah yeah he gets all amped up and does his finest guitar god impression and all that.... but... it made sense earlier on when that was indeed his one, big solo guitar moment in the spotlight. When shows were built on "the drum solo" and the "lead guitar solo" and all that. But the show, and his songs/plAying has evolved so much since those days. He gets several great guitar-focused spots in the show-- Big Love, GYOW, Not That Funny, Come.. whatever songs are in the set on a given tour. This one to me is the big, lumbering dinosaur and needs to have a happy retirement on the retired dinosaur farm. Just like certain Stevie songs.[/QUOTE

yes, ISA has been overplayed for sure but I have a special place for it and never get tired of hearing it, which surprises me considering the amount of times I have heard it. It never loses that wonderful energy in the final part of his solo. It gets me every time!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...