View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
There is NO proof what so ever they are paid the same for touring.
There’s also no proof they’re not.

Quote:
When the Mac started to splinter do you really believe Stevie was paid the same as Rick and Billy?
Is there any proof there was a discrepancy? I recall reading that Stevie and Christine demanded Billy and Rick be made full members of the band. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were paid somewhere between full members and backing musicians, but nobody on here has proof either way.

Quote:
She knew and her management knew Stevie was a huge draw and she was paid more to tour with the Mac.
Proof?

Quote:
Look at her interviews where she says her management told her to leave Fleetwood Mac after Lindsey left and don't record with them anymore. She felt obligated to stay in the band because she knew if she left the arenas would be empty.
St. Stevie made a huge sacrifice.

Quote:
Even worse look at Lindsey and Christine's solo tour. It is so sad but reality to see 2/3 of songwriters of the Mac perform and could not fill a small theater while Stevie was selling out arenas.
With The Pretenders…

Robert Pollard of Guided by Voices is a friend of mine, and the difference in album sales, money offered for shows, and ticket sales is ridiculously more if he bills it as Guided by Voices compared to Robert Pollard, regardless of who else is in the band. He did an album credited to Guided by Voices a few years ago where he played everything just to drive home the point that HE’S Guided by Voices. It doesn’t matter what he does or who is backing him up, it’s how he brands it that makes the biggest difference in terms of sales.

The same is true for LBCM. “Stevie Nicks” is a long established brand, “Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie” is a new brand. Had Mick and John been on board for the tour and the project been branded “Fleetwood Mac,” it would have been a lot bigger, especially if they did a co-headlining tour with, for example, Heart.

THE Stephen Hopkins