View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
[we probably have this type of thread somewhere since this topic keeps popping up, if so mods please do not hesitate to consolidate.]

http://dailyrockbox.com/top-10-most-...oll-history/9/

Top 10 Most Underrated Guitarists In Rock & Roll History!

#2 – Lindsey Buckingham

Kevin Mazur / Getty Images

The Crown Jewel Of Fleetwood Mac!

Now, I can’t imagine that there’s a whole lot I need to say to convince you that this fine gentleman deserves to be on this list. He’s an icon and a legend that never really gets enough credit for his amazing guitar abilities. We could go on for hours about how he is one of the greatest and never EVER gets the recognition that he should be afforded.

It’s truly a mystery as to why he never gets the credit he deserves. Again, he has it all, the look, the ability, and the charisma. Could something have not translated to the fans perhaps? Maybe he wanted it to be that way. Who knows!

The point is he is underrated. VERY underrated. His solos, his song writing, and all of the above are qualities that make a guitarist great, and he IS great. We may never know, but he isn’t about to retire just yet. He’s just getting started!
I think Lindsey should be #1. He's the most underrated IMO. Brian is not as underrated as Lindsey, maybe because he was/is in a band with no other than Freddie Mercury. Stevie Nicks is no Freddie Mercury

I found this quote about Brian May that could very well suit Lindsey too:

"He doesn't need speed to impress, he focused on making the music sound good. Guitar is accompaniment, and that's all it needed to be for him."
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 02-04-2018 at 08:11 PM..