View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
It depends on how you look at it and what you consider equal work. In the corporate world, you are rewarded for landing accounts, bringing in clients, etc., so you might have the same base salary as the person in the office next to you, but factor in bonuses and now you're making something very different. This is how Stevie earns money....by bringing in crowds.

Now, if you look at Lindsey on stage for the entire concert (even needlessly during Mick's interminable drum solo) and always having to do at least one thing (play guitar) or sometimes two (play and sing) while Stevie can leave the stage and never does more than one thing (sing), then Lindsey is putting in more time, "doing more work," and would be deserving of a higher salary from this point of view.

But honestly, the breakdown that David posted (which I'm still not sure is corroborated fact) never bothered me much. The men of FM have extremely limited earning potential away from the band, whereas Stevie can still bring in a tidy sum. For Mick to make a third as much as Stevie is a pretty big win for him. They all benefit financially from Fleetwood Mac, but the guys get bigger "raises" than she does when they all come together.
I agree Lindsey does a lot of work for the band. He is also the Musical Director for Mac tours, and you can be sure he gets a nice salary for that work (arranging songs, working with the additional musicians and singers to work out how they'll play etc You can see that a bit on the DR doc). The percentages someone cited earlier have to do with shares of the gross (tickets). We don't know for sure what they're shares of merchandising(teeshirts etc) they get. And as noted, he gets paid for being Musical Director (as Waddy does when he's MD for Stevie's tours, etc). He also gets a share not only as performer and as songwriter (two different royalties) on their albums but he also gets the Producer royalty and fees....so he made a lot on FM records.