View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 02:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ok but how do you not know Fleetwood Mac was a blues band especially if you are English and supposedly interview rock stars. I like to learn something new from every interview. The interviewers did not do their homework either. Its ok that Christine did not listen to new Mirage tracks but give something specific you liked or disliked for feedback. Maybe it will trigger a memory or a comment about Mirage.
Yes, the immediate response is to say they were a blues band.
That said, they were really only a blues band for a relatively short period (though a huge output in a short time). Peter and Danny soon veered away from the blues though. In fact there weren't really too many Danny songs even during his time with Peter that you would strictly describe as blues.
When you think about it, the big hits that made them famous weren't blues. There was something of a fuss when Albatross was released. Their blues-purest fans were up in arms. Is Albatross blues? Not really. Was Oh Well blues? Not really. Was Man of The World blues? Not really. Was Green Manalishi blues? Not really. In that sense I can understand somebody questioning exactly how you'd define their music of that period.
So yes, they started as a blues band but soon veered away from it. For the five years after PG they were well away from Blues.
Blues>Blues Rock>Country Blues>Country Acid Rock>West Coast Rock

I have no idea how to describe Kiln House