View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Alternate Versions:
1. Family Man: Much more prominent, see above. She also squeals a lot and talks about "mother father, sister," "I can't let go" on the Extended guitar mix around the 5:30 mix. Very RAL, i.e. erratic and drunk sounding. She is present on the chorus of this version as well.
2. Big Love: She is yelling "house up on the hill!" in the extended version, around 4:10. In the "House on the Hill Dub" mix, she is also yelling... something, "pretty girl" maybe? This starts around 1:10, and then concludes with "looking out for love" just afterwards. Somewhere in these tracks is also a vocal sample that has her yelling "Well it's a big, big love" These are likely the backing vocals she recorded for the album track that Lindsey stripped out before release. Understandable as they don't flow with the slick nature of the song.
3. Little Lies: She's more prominent. At the end she sings "Tell me lies, OH, sweet little lies, no no you can't disguise", "oohs" and repeats "sweet lies, little lies", also likely leftover vocals from her sessions that Lindsey chose not to use in the final.

So we at least have some evidence of her vocal sessions on other songs, they were used in the extended cuts instead. A user on this board (FannyMac) claims to have interned with Modern Records, Stevie's solo label, and heard an early cut of the album where her vocals were "All over it" before it was stripped to "just two songs", and then her third song was added back and her Little Lies backing vocal was reinserted.
What I find interesting is

a) why would Lindsey allow Stevie on his tracks on two songs on Tango, something he hadn't done since Rumours?

b) why were these vocals then taken off, what was the decision making process behind that?