View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Which picture is the little girl's/s' room? Isn't their elder daughter like 10? I recall when I was that age I had my father physically reconstruct my room...I had previously had a white canopy "princess" bedroom set and my wall was a doll collage, where each of my doll's was meticulously hung by pink and white lace. I had a vanity mirror and a large cream-colored chest at the foot of my bed with flowers painted on it. I think it held sweaters but I basically used it as the setting for my little barbie doll tea parties...aww to be young and girly...

But then when I turned 9 I got heavy into organized sport and started to become a tomboy and got rid of ALL of it by way of cousins, friends, some charity organizations. So I turned my room from white palace to dark brown furniture, two chairs, a piano, and music posters everywhere. And I haven't ever gone back to the dolls, even at my most nostalgic. Miss them I do not.

***Sorry for all that...just reminiscing when wearing a puffy white dress and having tea party conversations with my porcelain dolls was part of the daily agenda. Sometimes getting older can be a bitch.***

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL