View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
...and that was exactly my initial reaction.
Then you realise he's idle not though choice but because he doesn't have a band to play with. More than anything he wants to write/tour/record with Led Zep but Robert Plant isn't interested. He comes across as quite sad to no longer have that in his life. He's tried putting his own band together in recent times but it hasn't come off. Of course he doesn't need the money but I don't think the idea that its 'beneath him' would come into it. He just likes playing live music to big audiences. Not saying he'd definitely have said yes, but I think there's a decent chance.
I disagree, I don't think there would be any chance. He's Jimmy Page-- if he wants to go out and play he can go out on his own or form his own band or a supergroup or something. But he's not gonna hop onto the (sinking) ship of a band that is nowhere near the status of the group that he's synonymous with. That would be like if Mick and Keith got into some final fight and made it so that the Stones can never tour again so Mick goes and joins The Eagles. It would be bizarre.