View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Hi No Light,
I agree with much of what you've said and you've expressed your thoughts accurately and respectfully. I especially like this comment:

I believe there is a huge missing piece in Stevie's life story that she has not captured well in either her writing or any of the "historical" perspective she puts forward. She has to know that her loyal fans have heard it all before and would be tired of hearing the same recycled stories with lots of inaccuracies thrown in for whatever reason she chooses to do so. She totally doesn't get the fan experience. I really have to wonder if she's ever asked herself the question, what do they see in me and how have they stood by me through all of the drama and disappointments through the years. The most current example is her hype around this 2013 tour and how wonderful it's going to be. Wonderful for whom? She and Lindsey or the thousands of fans paying money they can't afford to see her put as little effort as possible into songs she's sang thousands of times? This would be a great opportunity for self analysis and ask a few tough questions of herself: what I'm I bringing to the fan's experience and are they getting their money's worth? The toughest question I think is have I earned this loyalty they show me when I've disappointed them too many times to count over the years? The wonderful moments like the Wiltern show are just way to rare to warrant constant attention and shelling out the big bucks. My #1 reason for sitting out this tour.
This. I so agree with this except for one thing. I do think she gets the fan experience or at least she should after all these years. I just think she doesn't care too much anymore. She said to Lindsey (it's in one of the video interviews) that he had this wonderful house because they worked so hard at the coffee plant making demos. I'm sure they did and still do but the main reason why they all live in such wonderful houses is because of us, we buy every record, go to every concert etc. She seems to forget that. I'm sitting this one out too because as you said, she puts as little effort as possible into singing songs she's sang a 1000 times before. I was going to go to the Spokane, WA show because that's closest to me but I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a band whose lead singer (who happens to be my favorite) says she's just standing there, singing her songs and twirls every once in a while. When you say that about your own performance it tells me you don't really care.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced