View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Ledgie

My unpopular opinions:

I am excited that Stevie is going to be on Oprah's Master Class, but I honestly don't think she will say anything that we have not heard already. She will not be like Jane Fonda and get too personal, unfortunately. I would love to hear more stories about her life other than her too oft repeated stories about how she and Lindsey started out. She is like a broken record, says the same things over and over in most interviews.

Her live shows are another case of her repeating herself, by repeating the same songs over and over. I do not know how she can't be tired of her songs. I could not sing the same songs night after night like she does and not want to hang myself. She needs to sing some different songs, and she knows this. At one of the q and a's for her doc, she sang snippets of Bella Donna, Rock a Little, and one other I can't remember. I appreciated the IYD shows for their diversity and new songs.

I believe also that she is all about the money, unfortunately. I believe after The Dance she saw the fans' demand, realized she could make lots of money, and once she got started she went on for more than 10 years. I think money is very important to her.

She doesn't do enough for the fans as far as making an effort to meet them or talk to them. And we have so much to tell her!

I also believe she works a lot in order to not deal with her personal life as one poster said. She admitted it in a recent interview, Stevie Nicks: The Return of FM. She was in Malibu renting a place and she said: "I'm trying to rest and it's really hard to rest because in either one of my own houses I feel like I should be working. I've been coming here off and on for nearly 10 years and there's absolutely nothing for me to do except draw or sit and write poetry or bring the electric piano down." Problem is, "I've been here since Tuesday and I haven't managed yet to actually come up here at 3 in the afternoon and go sit on that miserable couch and draw for a few hours..." I think the fact that she rarely lives in her house is kind of weird. She lives more in her apartment. And watching the parts of the IYD doc, her house is not really all that decorated. Her lamps are placed randomly around the room...you can tell she doesn't spend a lot of time there. Compared with her previous residence, her house is plain. I always look at the staircase and wish she'd replace that ugly blue carpet on the stairs! I will post a pic of her previous living room.

I think Stevie's frustration and unhappiness with life can be cured by looking to a higher power. When I heard that she "moves from situation to situation like a ghost" it made me very sad. Something is missing in her life. Maybe it's spiritual help.

It makes me cry almost when I go to the store and see her cds on display and I see the Crystal Visions cd and the picture of her from the 80's on it...and know that the songs are her greatest hits...again. Wouldn't it be so cool if that cd with her picture from the 80's had some piano demos on it? Or other rarities? Instead, it has Talk to Me and Stand Back, again. So many people don't know about Stevie's gems and I think that's sad.

Stevie should have released the Melbourne concert with the Symphony Orchestra on dvd.

Stevie should have done a live album by now.

Stevie needs to get Belle Fleur out of the vault.

Her official website needs an uplift.

Now the living room below...that's what I imagined Stevie's house should look like!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 424080_3331559698452_488322635_n.jpg (20.0 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by NoLight77; 03-06-2013 at 02:27 AM..