View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think maybe one of the differences between the Rick and Billy years and this new incarnation of the band, is that after 1982's Mirage tour, which was very short by the way, we didn't hear anything from the band. We had a 5 year drought.

Then when Tango was done and Lindsey left and we really got the whole ugly story then, so I was ok with Rick and Billy, things just got bad with Lindsey at that point, drugs, egos etc.... I understood, But I wanted to hear some Mac.

With this craziness of Lindsey leaving for what reason we really don't know yet, and Mike and Neil coming on, we just had a performance from the band at Musicares in January and that was the band we have been used to for years. It's just hard to accept new people at this point. These are their final years, I just hate watching it without Lindsey. Lindsey has an interview with Redbeard in early October. We'll definitely hear more about what happened. But I think even if it was all Lindsey's fault, I just don't get this new group. I look at Mike and I think of Tom. I look at Neil and he just doesn't fit in. He's a good singer and I love Crowded House, but it just doesn't work.

I have changed, but you remain ageless