View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
It's not what it used to be...

Well, it seems to be a lot worse than what it was. That's the problem. Women have been getting face lifts for decades, but it just seems like lately that the results have been so frightening. Maybe a traditional face lift is better than the botox. I don't know. But I can't turn on he tv today without seeing someone deformed and looking completely unlike themselves. It's better to look old than alien. You know how foreign Ann Margaret looked after her car accident? That was an anomaly for the time. Well, it seems to me that today's stars look that strange just from regular cosmetic work, not from egregious car crash surgery.

As for Stevie, yes, make up, lighting, etc. is important for the stage. But I'm glad she has the courage to go out on the street (or out in a chauffeured car) without it. Frankly, the unnecessary limitations she places upon herself in her career, the way she hates to fail or to take chances, would make me think she was the kind of person who would not set foot out in public, without full pancake and she has surprised me by not being that person. I am proud of her. One less neurosis.

Michele