View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the story that she had no idea what happened and only found out about it after the fact is ridiculous and the fact that people believe it is insane to me. It's just part of their cover story for what happened. It's 2018. Even if she's in London you can call her on her Dolce&Gabbanna-encased iPhone, call her assistant, email her, FaceTime, ANYTHING.
However, I do believe that she did not have much power in what happened. Personally I think John voted with Mick and Stevie because: he doesn't care that much either way, he's not really close with Lindsey, he has a loyalty to Mick as they're the Fleetwood & Mac part of Fleetwood Mac, he wants money just as much as Mick does (without being so obviously shameless about it).
So that would've left Christine's vote basically useless. And it's not like she's going to quit the band in protest considering she just rejoined after 17 years.
However you can tell from the Buckingham McVie album/tour/promo as well as her commentary on the Sirius channel how high of an opinion Christine holds in regards to Lindsey. It's true they've always gotten along well but I think she found him more difficult sometimes/complicated personally back in the day (because he was), but I think she really enjoys working with him totally now and really sings his praises.
I never thought a second Buckingham McVie album would happen, I thought it would be a one time thing, but now I think she might want to reach out to him again because she doesn't want to lose that relationship.