Thread: Phoenix
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
New York Times, January 8, 1981

John McVie, bass player with the rock group Fleetwood Mac, was arrested last month at his home on the island of Maui and charged with felony possession of cocaine, it was reported today.

Acting on a tip from the Honolulu police, the police on Maui arrested Mr. McVie, 35 years old, and his wife, Julie Ann McVie, 29, at their home on Dec. 23, The Honolulu Advertiser reported today.

The newspaper said that police officers reported finding 4.5 grams of cocaine along with a small amount of marijuana in the McVie home. Mr. McVie and other Fleetwood Mac performers have bought homes on the island and in 1978 donated $21,440 from a Maui concert to island charities.

The musician and his wife were released on bail shortly after their arrest. Mr. McVie, a British subject, could face deportation proceedings if convicted.
That is such an interesting story because there are things we don't know. Why were the police called to the house? They went inside and then spotted cocaine in plain view?
Or was he officially charged with cocaine possession and they went to his home to arrest him?
Just curious what really happened. Police just don't "find" 4.5 grams of cocaine at your house unless invited inside, responding to a call and its in plain site, or a search warrant.