View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

I hardly look at the official site, not sure why that is, maybe a lot of reasons, or I expect all comments there to be flattering. I ran into the obit in Mojo for Bob the other day and it seemed quite well written. It had an old quote from Mick Fleetwood about how the group wouldn't have existed today but for him.

The hall of fame was corrupted from the start for me with various non-creative executive nobodies enshrined into it early on, even some of whom really hurt the artists they profited from. I'm surprised if Stan Polley isn't there. I'm glad when people who cared about it were inducted though. I don't know how to communicate with the powers that be for either that hall or this entity that Bob helped to make a continuing concern, not sure there are that many who do. If it's just down to Christine that would be sad as I have always enjoyed her music a lot.

I know of a band that had an album recorded in the late '60s who are still fighting over it and that there are many people who would like to finally hear it, now that's a long time to carry a feud, so there are a lot of illogical nutty stories out there! Sometimes it does get to be impossible to laugh.