View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ah-h - The Wonderful World of Ledgies

Thank you very much for the information Wouter. I am rather new to all this, and I didn't know that Ledgies bought material from one another. I have noticed though - from reading the other threads - that sometimes ledgies help others get copies of stuff and they ask for them to send a private mail. I didn't know about the actual transactions.

(I just recieved "Live at the BBC" from Amazon this morning - this is just about the level I am at! - compared to all you hard-core collectors )

I think you are right though - in principal - if you get something for free yourself, you should also pass it on for free. I would do that myself. Also you know how much other ledgies appreciate the music - and the is what The Ledge is all about.

Getting to know about all the bootleg concert tapes and being able to download all these concert things is new to me too. And very exciting, because I think Fleetwood Mac were brilliant live. Until now I have two vinyl records that don't seem too official. One is called "London 68" and I think it might be from a gig at Regent Street Polytechnic, London (with some help from Hiorts book), and another one called "Oh Well", which is assorted numbers from different (?) concerts. Absolutely no sleevenotes.

I would of course also be interested in "Helsinki Carousel" - which - I presume, is a specific concert recording - from whatever set - from Carousel Ballroom, San Francisco, june 1968.

There is actually another thread about this specific event in the Pre-rumours section.

Ms Moose