View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I have no doubt you're 100% correct that Stevie refused to be interviewed back in 1982. I was not suggesting that FM was wrong for not giving interviews to Rolling Stone for their story on her. I was saying that I can see why Stevie would have thought FM wouldn't have acknowledged her induction, or why she wouldn't have said anything at the concert about it first, that's all.

I don't know what you mean about Stevie "still selling poison" or "she is trying to bring them (FM) into it. WRONG." In the interview, she said she wasn't going to say anything at the concert about her induction but once Mick and Christine congratulated her in front of everybody, she felt it was ok to talk about it. How that was selling poison or bringing them into it, that is what I don't understand your anger about. This is an example of what I see as no matter what she says or does, certain people will say it's never right.
Ok let me be more clear (its morning now and I'm not drinking rum)
The quote:
And then I turned towards Christine [McVie] and she was like, “Congratulations sweetheart” or something and I’m just standing there and thinking that this was not anything that would have been mentioned onstage before. [She seems to mean before Lindsey Buckingham left the group, but she was unwilling to field questions about that situation.]
You don't see or agree that Stevie is implying the current band said this to her because the former band with Lindsey would have never mentioned anything. That is her insinuating that Lindsey controlled the band and would never let the other members congratulate her. Rubbish! She is bringing Lindsey into her Rock N Roll hall of fame announcement. Do you really think Mick or Christine would not have said congratulations to Stevie because Lindsey was there? So because Lindsey is gone, the rest of the band is free to speak and worship her because Lindsey was preventing it?

Smell what I'm cooking? Its all there in the off the cuff remarks she made to Rolling Stone.