View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Obviously the rest of the band sided with Stevie for a good reason, i dont think any of them wanted their long running legacy to end this way.. SN and LB always had a hot and cold relationship from day dot, the forever non stop bickering is quite normal to them.. Reading between Richards comments, LB crossed the line to no return this time.. I have no doubt Stevie really pissed him off and decided to not hold back, which led to this sad debacle..

I am just going to throw this out their as I've thought this from the start, i could be wrong but here goes

After listening to Stevie's long speech at Musicares award night, she referred mostly about Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers, and a lot about herself as usual .. That didn't worry me at all, but from the bands perspective they were up their collecting an award for FM.. So what i am getting at i think her long winded speech really annoyed LB, maybe from the side of the stage Karen could sense him getting really agitated.. She blabbed to Stevie afterwards, which led to the massive argument.. Obviously Stevie still grieving from Tom's recent passing, and anything said in a negative way towards TP or her speech, was not going to be tolerated ever in her books.. It all just escalated from there..
The rest of the band didn't side with Stevie. Promoters of the tour did. 20 to 1, in fact. So the rest had no choice really.

Lindsey has been ignoring her stupid remarks, like the Bob Dylan one, for more than 20 years, and Richard also said before that this was a power play and Stevie won. You can read from that statement that she knows her value in the band and decided to use it. He's not saying she was a victim there.

Your theory could be a fan fiction. Really.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.