View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

DAY 2-

6:00 am-Mick is up early to go on the Ledge. He comes across a thread called Political Office?. Looking at it, he gets a few strange ideas in his head. Even the Castro picture won't stop him.

6:03 am-John is up. He comes down seeing Mick is on "that bloody site with the survivor games". Mick shows him that thread he was looking at. "I look like the Penguin?" he says. Then the two discuss Micks crazy ideas.

6:04 am-"Those Ledgies are right. I think I do have the makings of a politician" says Mick, "The gubernatorial elections are coming up in California. Do you think I have a chance against Ahnuld?". John just rolls his eyes.

6:15 am-BB summons John and Mick into the room. BB saw the whole breakout at midnight and warns John to be very clean for the next few days or he's out. To Mick, he complains the show is not getting good ratings like the first one did. He warns if nothing interesting happens, the show will be pulled off. They're dismissed.

6:16 am-Mick is whining and griping about John helping Christine get out. "She could have helped the ratings!!" he whines. "She was going mad and I had to do something before she hurt herself" John replies. Mick goes on to mull over ideas to help the show. Finally something pops in his head and he gets a look on his face. John dreads it. They go into the BB room

6:17 am-"I think you should replace Christine with one of our wives. I would recommend Lindsey's wife. The awkwardness between her and Stevie will be fantastic. I can see it now". BB likes the idea and says he'll consider it.

7:00 am-Lindsey comes down. His face is flustered. He's muttering "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh". When everyone was woken up at midnight, Bekka snuck into Lindsey's bed and well...pulled a Monica with him. He only realized this when he woke up.

7:01 am-Linds goes into the BB room and frantically pushes for Bekka's eviction. "She has this unhealthy infatuation with me and it went too far last night. Get rid of her please!"

7:12 am-Mick and Linds start talking. "How come you're not so mad anymore?" asks Mick, "Remember on the first show you kept on hitting Rick, you killed Billy and nearly killed all of us with your guitar gun. What the hell happened?". Lindsey's a little puzzled. "Um, I gained my sanity" he replies. Mick discusses the new housemate plans. Lindsey's happy because this way his wife can shoo off Bekka.

7:31 am-Everyone is up by now. Stevie prepares to make another Bombay Saphire meal but Danny insists on doing breakfast duty. No one wants to get drunk in the morning. He makes breakfast and all chow down.

8:00 am-Everyone has settled down, doing something. Mick has started reading "Bush's Brain" in preparation for the 2006 gubernatorial election. John rolls his eyes and continues reading Hitler's biography. Stevie is writing in her journal. Danny and Peter wanted to learn kung-fu so they followed Rick to the backyard. Lindsey keeps on going into the BB room to ask when the new housemate is coming. Bekka is nowhere to be seen

8:26 am-Danny and Peter complain of splinters in their hands after trying to chop wood with their hands. After this, they just go to Danny's room and have a jam session. All is quiet except for Lindsey annoying BB, asking when is the new housemate coming.

12:03 pm-Finally, the new housemate comes. Unfortunately it's not what Lindsey or Mick hoped. It's Julie McVie.

12:04 pm-Mick rushes to the BB room. "I thought I asked for Lindsey's wife". BB thought he said McVie's wife instead of Lindsey's wife. Poor Mick is anguished.

12:09 pm-Mick's anguish disappears as an argument between the McVies takes place. "What the hell is this, John? Why the hell am I here on this damn show?"."This wasn't my idea. It was Mick's". "Oh that idiot always makes you do degrading things in the name of money. Why the hell can't you grow a backbone against this media whore". "The original idea was to have Lindsey's wife on the show. But Big Brother got it mixed up". "Ah (bleep). And what about Molly? How the (bleep) do I tell her I got kidnapped by some CBS executive and cannot get out". "Escape, dammit". Mick enters at the wrong time. She starts shouting stuff at him that is too explicit to record...

to be continued...
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "