View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
I did have a similar epiphany when listening to the TANGO remaster last week. The album is lovely and polished and the tunes are pure pop. Christine is givng us classic perfecly crafted songs and Linds is sprinking 80s-synth-tribalness all over it. But Stevie is the only one bringing viable emotion to the tracks. LInds has nothing close to emotion compared to songs live "Save me a place" "Book of Love" or "I'm so afriad" -- and while "LIttle Lies" and "Everywhere" are amazing, they dont have the sorrow and sweetness of "Over & Over" & "Songbird". Stevie might be singing her vocals in a burbling and scattered manner —*but you can at least feel the emotion. And a lot of it too. And that really helped make Tango the wonderful album that it is.

and
Hence why the whole universe is bummed that she will not be participating in this new record...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.