Thread: The Upside
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the upside

Stevie's gift is her ability to write lyrics that really speak to people. I remember when, back in the eighties, my mother was terminally ill with cancer, I had a druggie student I was trying to do something about and I was working two jobs to try to support us, I often was so wired by the time I finally got to bed I couldn't sleep. Many's the night that "Storms" and "Beautiful Child" finally calmed me down enough to sleep. I felt like she had suffered like I was suffering at that time. It's unique ability to be able to relate to people like that-not everyone has that. Lindsey for all his musical genius has a hard time with it, much as I love him=:-)

Stevie also has the ability to reach out to people when in performance. She's got that audience in the palm of her hand in two minutes (not literally of course)She makes friends for the band. The others, other than Mick, don't do as well with this-I think they are all-Chris, Lindsey and John, kinda shy maybe-you can tell how nervous Lindsey is in performance if you watch the videos closely=:-)

I often think both Stevie and Mick could have gone into acting with great results if they had not been in rock music=:-)

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN